Welcome to August, our
exciting new category romance imprint, where characters are more seasoned in
life and love. Send us heroes and heroines in their 30s and 40s who haven’t been
on the dating scene since Backstreet Boys vs. ‘N Sync was a thing, Jack and
Rose were king and queen of the world, and people were arguing over whether
Ross and Rachel were “on a break”. The line launches in Winter 2018!
- High-concept, trope-driven stories strong on
both conflict and emotion
- Relatable characters in their 30s and 40s who
put love on the backburner to launch their careers, or may be looking to start a
new chapter in life
count of 45k – 65k. Novellas are considered on a case-by-case basis when tied
to an existing series or as part of a specific call for submissions.
- POV split 50/50 between the hero and heroine
- Heat level can be mild to steamy
- We’d love to see diverse characters!
we love: Kristan Higgins, Roxanne St. Claire, Karen Booth, Maisey Yates
- We accept both agented and unagented