Welcome to August, our exciting new single-title romance imprint, where characters are more seasoned in life and love. Send us heroes and heroines in their 40s and above who haven’t been on the dating scene since Backstreet Boys vs. ‘N Sync was a thing, Jack and Rose were king and queen of the world, and people were arguing over whether Ross and Rachel were “on a break”.
- High-concept, trope-driven stories strong on both conflict and emotion
- Relatable characters ages 40+ who put love on the backburner to launch their careers, or may be looking to start a new chapter in life. Diverse characters are welcomed and encouraged!
- Word count of 70k to 100k. Novellas are considered on a case-by-case basis when tied to an existing series or as part of a specific call for submissions.
- M/F, M/M, F/F or any romance between two people
- Heat level can be mild to steamy but not erotic
- Authors we love: Kristan Higgins, Roxanne St. Claire, Karen Booth, Maisey Yates
- We accept both agented and unagented submissions.
- Diverse submissions HIGHLY ENCOURAGED!