Scorched, Entangled's exclusive new erotic romance imprint, delivers the high-quality
love stories and memorable characters readers expect from Entangled, but at much higher heat levels.
KINKS WE WILL NOT ACQUIRE
- Word Count. 15k - 45k novellas, serialized novels packaged in 15k - 30k episodes, and 45k+ novels.
- Heat Level. Nuclear. Engage the reader's senses and leaving them tingling! We expect sex scenes to be fully-realized and hot. Language and kinks not typically allowed on other Entangled imprints are welcome here.
- Characters. 18+. M/F, M/M, F/F, and menage. Scorched is interested in a variety of couplings, from one main sexual partner, to couples who occasionally invite others to join in on the fun, to multiple love interests partaking in one relationship.
- Genres. We accept all subgenres of romance. Contemporary, historical, and sci-fi are of particular interest. Paranormal is also welcome.
- Voice. Voices should be engaging, up-tempo, and fresh. 1st or 3rd person, single or dual POV...it's all welcome! We'd especially love to see 1st person manuscripts in either single or dual POV.
- HEA or HFN? Happily Ever Afters are not required, though we need to see at least a Happy For Now.
While we love taboo story lines, we're not interested in the following:
- Age play. We are also not interested in the D/lg vibe.
- Beastiality. Steamy shifter sex (in human form) is welcome.
- Edge play. Including, but not limited to, blood, breath, scat/urine, knife, and gun. If it's not safe, we're not interested.
- Incest. No blood relatives, please.
- Necrophelia. Not even with zombies. Sorry!
- Rape as titillation. We are open to couples engaging in consensual, responsible rape fantasy.
- Full Manuscript. A query plus the full manuscript is requested if you're not a current Entangled author or a well-established bestseller in the erotic romance genre.
- Proposal Package: If we've already had the pleasure of working with you or you're a bestselling erotic romance author, you're welcome to submit a proposal package. This should include a query letter, synopsis, and the first three chapters of the book.