Crush, one of Entangled’s first teen category romance imprints, is all about engaging, irresistible first-love stories set during the characters’ teen years. We specialize in heart-stopping feelings and never-ending drama, ranging from funny to emotional, flirty to dark.
Whether set in the halls of a high school, beach resort, or studying abroad, and whether it features a girl falling for her brother’s best friend next door, a forbidden summer camp romance, or a nerd pretending to date the star quarterback, our teen category romances will leave you grinning…and in love with your next book crush!
Specifically, we are looking for:
- Contemporary, modern romances featuring characters that are 16-18 years old, and told from a uniquely teen point of view.
- Stories that are 45-60k words in length. We will consider novellas if they are tied to an existing Crush series or are a prequel to another Entangled series.
- Trope-driven stories with at least one strong primary trope and two more secondary tropes. Think boy/girl next door, ugly duckling, opposites attract, wrong side of the tracks, best friends to lovers, enemies to lovers, mistaken identity, etc.
- Stories must follow the traditional category story arc and be focused on the romance. High conflict and high tension are a must!
- Dual point of view. First or third-person points of view are welcome.
- Diversity. Diverse characters welcomed and encouraged!
- M/F, M/M, F/F or any romance between two people. Give us a great love story!
- Sex is allowed in the stories, but nothing graphic. Heat level can range from sweet to suggestive.
- Tone can be anything from light and funny to heavy and dark, though we particularly love stories that can be both.
- Crush-esque authors we love: Jennifer Echols, Simone Elkeles, Mandy Hubbard, Katie McGarry, Miranda Kenneally, Elizabeth Scott, Susane Colasanti
- Pop culture teen romances we love: Pacey/Joey (Dawson’s Creek), Kat/Patrick (10 Things I Hate About You), Kurt/Blaine (Glee), Hannah/Caleb (Pretty Little Liars), Baby/Johnny (Dirty Dancing), Lloyd/Diane (Say Anything), Laney/Zack (She’s All That), Logan/Veronica (Veronica Mars)
- We accept both agented and unagented submissions.
- Please attach the full manuscript and a synopsis.