Crave, one of Entangled’s first teen popular romance imprints, is all about engaging, irresistible first-love stories set during the characters’ teen years—with an out-of-this-world, trope-driven bend. Did you love Twilight but wish it were focused solely on Bella and Edward’s romance? Crave is for you.
We are looking for teen romances that follow the traditional popular romance format. From funny to emotional, flirty to dark, here at Crave, we know that the teen years are rife with heart-stopping feelings and never-ending drama. And whether set in outer space, a dystopian future, or a world where paranormal creatures are real, our teen category romances will leave you grinning…and craving more.
Specifically, we are looking for:
- Sci-fi, paranormal, fantasy, dystopian, steampunk, biopunk, and cyberpunk romances featuring characters that are 16-18 years old, and told from a uniquely teen point of view.
- Stories that are 45-60k words in length. We will consider novellas if they are tied to an existing Crave series or are a prequel to another Entangled series.
- Trope-driven stories with at least one strong primary trope and two more secondary tropes. Think boy/girl next door, ugly duckling, opposites attract, wrong side of the tracks, best friends to lovers, enemies to lovers, mistaken identity, etc.
- Stories must follow the traditional category story arc and be focused on the romance. High conflict and high tension are a must!
- Dual point of view. First or third-person points of view are welcome.
- Diversity. Diverse characters welcomed and encouraged!
- M/F, M/M, F/F or any romance between two people. Give us a great love story!
- Sex is allowed in the stories, but nothing graphic. Heat level can range from sweet to suggestive.
- Tone can be anything from light and funny to heavy and dark, though we particularly love stories that can be both.
- Crave-esque authors we love: Jennifer L. Armentrout, Stephenie Meyer, Maggie Stiefvater, Melissa Landers, Tahereh Mafi, Gail Carriger, Marissa Meyer
- Pop culture teen romances we love: Buffy/Angel (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Damon/Elena (The Vampire Diaries), Scott/Allison (Teen Wolf), Clark/Lana (Smallville), Liz/Max (Roswell)
- We accept both agented and unagented submissions.
- Please attach the full manuscript and a synopsis.