Fall in love with the possibilities…
Find love where you least expect it with Lovestruck, Entangled’s romantic comedy imprint. Our focus is on memorable “meet-cutes” between strangers, a strong romantic connection full of fun banter, and satisfying endings that leave readers smitten. We are looking for fresh voices, witty dialogue, and the familiar tropes readers love.
Specifically, we would like to see:
- Romantic comedies are what we do best. We like our stories to be lively, playful, and sensual, and full of banter, beginning with a memorable “meet-cute” and ending with a swoon-worthy close.
- Tropes! Think best friends-to-lovers, bait and switch, forced proximity, fish out of water, ugly duckling, older brother’s best friend, fake relationship, mistaken identity, enemies-to-lovers, matchmaker, sexy protectors, opposites attract, boardroom romance, etc.
- Romance. Lovestrucks are driven by the hero and heroine’s connection—their meeting may have been coincidental (or accidental!), but there’s no denying the romance sparking between them. We want to be invested in their love story, drowning in all the feels with each turn of the page.
- Realistic heroes. Typically in their late-20s to mid-30s, Lovestruck heroes are self-assured and successful at what they do. They're the kind of guys women hope they’ll run into at the grocery store.
- Our heroines are intelligent, likable, relatable women in their mid- to late-20s meeting the future love of their life in unexpected ways.
- Diversity. Diverse characters are welcomed and encouraged!
- POV should be split 50/50 between the hero and heroine. 3rd person POV is preferred, but we will consider 1st person POV.
- Moderate to high heat level. We prefer to keep the door open when the hanky panky begins!
- Voices we love: Rachel Gibson, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Jennifer Crusie, Samanthe Beck, Marissa Clarke, Sarah Ballance, Kira Archer, Stefanie London, and Shannon Stacey.
- Movies that inspire us: The Proposal, Leap Year, 27 Dresses, Two Night Stand, Friends with Benefits, Only You, Love Actually, Never Been Kissed, and Hallmark Christmas movies...all with a little more heat!
The fine print:
- Manuscripts should be between 45k-60K words in length. We consider novellas if tied to an existing Lovestruck series, or when part of a specific call for submissions.
- Unless you are an established romance author querying on proposal or an Entangled author, manuscripts must be complete prior to submission.
- We accept both agented and unagented submissions at this time.
- Please attach a synopsis as well as the full manuscript.