Brazen, our fun and sexy popular contemporary romance imprint, blends bright new voices, memorable characters, and twists on familiar tropes with high heat levels, allowing readers to enjoy the more seductive side of modern romance. Whether they’re witty and playful, or lush and intense, our books are always fun, fast-paced, and dialogue-heavy.
If you like your heroes hot, the sex hotter, and a swoon-worthy romance to swoop in and deliver a happily ever after, Brazen has the story for you!
Specifically, we want:
- Proven category tropes such as fake relationship, bait and switch, wrong bed, best friends-to-lovers, fish out of water, older brother's best friend, enemies-to-lovers, mistaken identity, revenge, one-night-stand, sexy protectors, opposites attract, boardroom romance, matchmaker, etc.
- Compelling stories with a high heat level. Brazen books are fun, sexy, and emotionally satisfying. In addition to scintillating sexual tension, we want to see explicit love scenes organic to the story's characters. If you can make us laugh AND cry, you’ve got our attention!
- Sexy, capable heroes, typically in their mid-20s to early-30s, paired with spunky and/or sweet heroines. As the quote goes, "You know what's sexier than a bad boy? A badass man that has his shit together." Think small town-boys-done-good, tattooed anti-heroes, cowboys, athletes, military (current and former), firefighters, cops, sexy nerds, guys that own their own business, and CEOs. Dirty talkers not required.
- Diversity. Diverse characters are welcomed and encouraged!
- M/F, M/M, F/F or any romance between two people. Give us a great love story!
- POV should be split 50/50 between the hero and heroine. Both 1st and 3rd person POV are welcome.
- A note about suspense. We love sexy cops and private security heroes, but suspenseful stories are better suited to Ignite. They love steamy books just as much as we do!
- Authors with voices we love: Gina L. Maxwell, Tessa Bailey, Samanthe Beck, Laura Kaye, Elle Kennedy, Christine Bell, Cari Quinn, Katee Robert, Joya Ryan, Sara Jane Stone, and Megan Erickson.
The fine print:
- Manuscripts should be between 50k-60K words in length.
- Unless you are an established romance author querying on proposal, manuscripts should be complete and polished prior to submission.
- We accept both agented and unagented submissions at this time.